The Observatory...Review

About the book:
Liz Mallory has always lived in the shadow of her glamorous twin sister, Harper, a talented artist who left everything -- including Liz -- behind to become a famous artist. Now, years later, tragedy reunites these estranged women. Reaching out to her sister, Liz moves into Harper's exclusive estate to care for her troubled nephew, Nick. This act of kindness, however, leads Liz down an unexpected path for it brings her together with the love of her life -- handsome amateur astronomer David Fields. Under the dome of the observatory David calls home, Liz tastes a passion as deep and vast as the night sky. But David is a man with painful secrets that could eclipse this newfound love -- secrets to which Harper holds the key. Can Liz get beyond her own past hurts and reach the stars with David? Does she dare to try?

It was ok. I was somewhat disappointed, as I had enjoyed The Gazebo. Other than the lack of graphic scenes, there's nothing in this that distinguishes this from a paperback romance novel.

It's a very light, easy read. Fairly predictable and you don't connect with the characters much. I preferred her novel, The Gazebo. I thought that was a much better book.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.  You can purchase your own here.

Read 1/08

* *
2/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I noticed you were reading Mansfield Park, I really liked this book, but I like most Jane Austen Books.

    On another note I just wanted to say Thanks for recommending Good Reads. I have browsed around for a good library site, this one looks good. So Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment