Mrs. Mike...Review

About the book:
A moving love story set in the Canadian wilderness, Mrs. Mike is a classic tale that has enchanted millions of readers worldwide. It brings the fierce, stunning landscape of the Great North to life-and tenderly evokes the love that blossoms between Sergeant Mike Flannigan and beautiful young Katherine Mary O'Fallon. 

I loved this book. I was probably 12 the first time I read this novel. I read it many, many times as I was growing up.

I loved the story of Kathy and Mike. It's not the best written book, but it's delightful and entertaining. Kathy goes to northern Canada as a young, innocent girl and falls in love with a rugged Mountie. The books shares their story of love and hardship in an unforgiving wilderness: friendship and loss; childbirth and death. How much of it is actually true has been debated. Regardless, it's a delightful adventure.

The Freedmans have written a couple of sequels: The Search for Joyful and Kathy Little Bird.

I read my own personal copy, but you can purchase your own copy here.

Last read?

* * * *
4/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I am so glad you posted this book. I was thinking about it just the other day,but couldn't quite remember the title. I knew it had "mike" in it, but did not remember it being called Mrs. Mike. I am definitely going to get this book and read it. I was young when I read it, but it was memorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Mrs. Mike a few years ago as part of a book club. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment