Tisha...Review

About the book:
The author tells the story as told to him of Anne Hobbs, a woman who went to Alaska in the 1920's to teach, but who had trouble due to her kindness to the Indians there.

 I loved this book when I read it as a teenager. I wanted to be a teacher after I read it!

A true story about Anne Hobbs. She's a wonderful heroine. She goes to Alaska in the 1920s to teach school and as she tries to befriend the people of Chicken, Alaska (what a funky name) she finds that the white people don't like it when others of their kind mix with the Indians. Anne befriends and teaches the Indian children and falls in love with an Indian man. Her strength and character are amazing.

A great book.

I googled "Tisha" and found the following website which talks about Chicken, Alaska and has pictures of the old town, and even has contact info for Anne's adopted daughter. http://www.chickenalaska.com/chicken/tisha.html

I read my personal copy, but you can purchase your own here.

Last read?

* * * *
4/5 Stars

Comments