Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far...Review

About the book:
With her unmistakable voice and honest lyrics, Amy Grant has captured a unique place in American music. As the best-selling Christian music artist of all time, a cross-over pop sensation, and the wife of country music star Vince Gill, Amy has lived much of her life in the spotlight, subject to adulation, speculation, and scrutiny. Now for the first time she bares her heart and soul to reveal thoughts on everything from motherhood and marriage to fame and forgiveness. Whether describing personal moments alone on a moonlit hillside or very public ones performing with the likes of Tony Bennett and James Taylor, Amy presents a captivating collection of beautiful reflections on life, love, and faith.

Rendered with the lyrical insight we see in her music, Amy reflects on the pieces of her life through the years, forming a vivid mosaic of memories rich in color, varied in texture, and united in their heartfelt design.


“Thanks to writing and remembering, I’m re-inspired to value both the mundane and magical moments. In trying to capture a few memories as best as I can, I give myself the gift of treasuring what has been so far a very full and meaningful life. I hope you will do the same with yours.” - Amy Grant


Mosaic
is simply a book of vignettes from Amy Grant's life. Each chapter is an experience or a lesson learned. She uses her song lyrics, some already published and some not-previously published, to introduce each vignette. It's an innovative technique and somewhat appropriate for a musician.

I liked Amy's honesty and how she shared her faith without being too preachy. But, somehow this book fell a little flat and disappointing to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's certainly thoughtful, heart-felt and poignant in places, and true Amy Grant fans will adore it. I've always liked Amy's music, but I think I was hoping for something more autobiographical.

A very easy read and one you can pick up and simply read bits and pieces.

I read my own personal copy, but you can purchase your own copy here.

Read 9/08

* * 
2/5 Stars

Comments

  1. Ooh, I loved Amy Grant when I was growing up, and I'd just love to read this book. Please enter me.
    Thanks!

    RebekahC
    littleminx at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I've been wanting to read this! Count me in!

    sj3girls(at)hotmail(dot)com

    Sunny
    http://thatbookaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks like something I could get into. Your review intrigue me.


    angelleslament @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like somethng I'd like to read. Please enter me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete