Everyday Tidbits...

"I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - Anne Shirley

Friday, April 9, 2010

Secret Sisters...Review

About the book:
Ida Mae Babbitt, president of the Omni 2nd Ward Relief Society, didn't mean to become a spy. But when visiting teaching stats are low and she learns that one family under her care is in financial trouble, she'll do whatever it takes to make sure they have what they need. If that includes planting surveillance cameras in their home and watching them from a parked car in the woods, well, isn't that what any caring Relief Society president would do?


With the help of her counselors Arlette and Tansy, Ida Mae soon learns that there's more to the situation than meets the eye. It's all in a day's work for the Relief Society.

I love books that make me laugh out loud and Secret Sisters does just that. Hysterically funny, this is story that gives new meaning to the phrase, Relief Society Presidency. Ida Mae, genuinely concerned about the welfare of a young family in her ward, finds herself on a stakeout in the woods with her nephew, Ren, and her Relief Society counselors Arlette and Tansy. Ren has a penchant for designing/inventing spyware and Ida Mae finds herself caught up in his enthusiasm. Soon, she is placing a surveillance camera designed as a refrigerator magnet and planting bugs.

As the story unfolds however, Ida Mae discovers that there is more to the situation than simple financial troubles, and she and the other sisters find themselves caught in a wave of intrigue and investigation.

With quirky characters and a completely implausible premise, it's a perfect escape book and one you won't want to put down. It's also a terrific, if unorthodox look into the inner workings of an LDS Relief Society! I'm anxious for the next book in the series.

Thanks to Tristi Pinkston and Valor Publishing Group for the opportunity to review this book. You can learn more about Tristi Pinkston here. You can purchase your own copy here. To find out what other readers have said about this book, check out the other tour stops here.

Read 4/10

* * * *
4/5 Stars



3 comments:

  1. I love books with quirky characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review, Holly! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review Holly! I am reviewing this book soon and love to hear everyone's opinion.

    I really enjoy your blog. This is my first time here, but I am following now.

    Sheila Staley : Reviewer

    Come visit me at my blog http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you thought of a particular book. If this is your first time visiting, tell how you found me. Also, please have your email address enabled in your profile. It makes it a lot easier for me to respond to comments!

If you are here simply to spam or leave a link to some obscure place where you sell things, don't bother. Your comment will be deleted.

While I appreciate awards, I no longer accept them, but thank you for thinking of me. Your comments are reward enough!