Life Without Limits...Review

About the book:
Life Without Limits is an inspiring book by an extraordinary man. Born without arms or legs, Nick Vujicic overcame his disability to live not just independently but a rich, fulfilling life, becoming a model for anyone seeking true happiness. Now an internationally successful motivational speaker, his central message is that the most important goal for anyone is to find their life’s purpose despite whatever difficulties or seemingly impossible odds stand in their way.

Nick tells the story of his physical disabilities and the emotional battle he endured trying to deal with them as a child, a teen, and a young adult. “For the longest, loneliest time, I wondered if there was anyone on earth like me, and whether there was any purpose to my life other than pain and humiliation.” He shares how his faith in God has been his central source of strength and explains that once he found his own sense of purpose—inspiring others to make their lives and the world better—he found the confidence to build a rewarding and productive life without limits.

Nick offers practical advice for realizing a life of fulfillment and happiness by building trust in others, developing supportive relationships, and gaining strength for the journey. He encourages the reader by showing how he learned to accept what he could not control and focus instead on what he could.

I first became aware of Nick Vujicic when my husband showed me one of Nick's You Tube videos.  I was incredibly moved by Nick's story.  When I learned that Nick was writing a book, I knew I wanted to read it.  I jumped at the chance to review it and I wasn't disappointed.  My 12-year old son is anxiously awaiting his turn at reading the book next!

Nick is very open about his faith in God.  Refreshingly, he's also open about the struggles and doubts he's had over the years because of the life God gave him.  However, Nick has embraced and accepted his life and has used his experiences to reach out and help others.  It's very clear from his writing and his actions that he lives his life trying to serve other people.  The happiness he has found in doing so is palpable and contagious.

He is a very positive person and believes that each one of us has a choice about how we live and react to our circumstances in life. Nick advocates finding your life's purpose and focusing on the things you can control in your life, rather than the things you can't.  His company is called "Attitude Is Altitude" because he believes that there is real power in controlling your own attitude.

Reading Nick's story is like having a comfortable conversation with him.  He's warm and engaging and I can easily and wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve their own life or simply have an inspirational uplift.  I think that the audio version of this book would be even better because Nick is a terrific speaker and I love his Australian accent!

Thanks to Waterbrook Multnomah for the opportunity to review this book.  You can learn more about Nick Vujicic here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 1/11

* * * *
4/5 Stars

Comments