The Adoration of Jenna Fox...Review

About the book:
Who is Jenna Fox?


Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she’s still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?


Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. But along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?


In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

I've never been one for dystopian-type novels, but this one sounded interesting.  And it was.  The premise is fascinating, the ethical questions and story are compelling.  The narration is told from Jenna's first-person viewpoint as she awakens from a year-long coma.  The story unfolds as she discovers what has happened to her and who she is now. 

I can't say that any of these characters are particularly likeable and many of the secondary characters aren't fleshed out well, so I was left wondering about their stories. However, this is one of those books that sort of stays with you.  Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow. You can learn more about Mary Pearson here. You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 2/11

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I read a couple of raving reviews for this one so I've been really curious about it. Your review has tempered my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I may have to check that one out. Thanks for the great review!

    Blessings
    Michelle V

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I really like this book and have recommended to a lot of people. Kind of creepy and sad but very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the book, even though I didn't really care for the ending. I didn't bother me that there wasn't too much info about the characters, as it seems as though the author was being vague throughout...well, until the big mystery was revealed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment