Getting Over Going Under: 5 Things You Must Know before Anesthesia...Review by the Doctor

About the book:
Getting Over Going Under explains The Friedberg Method of Goldilocks Anesthesia in detail. It outlines how you can have your anesthesiologist more effectively keep you or your loved ones sedated and comfortable using 21st century care and it also reveals the shortcomings of 20th century anesthesia. It details the reasons for patient discomfort and worrisome side effects and how they can be eliminated. And it clearly shows what you, the patient can do to promote having your anesthesiologist use Goldilocks Anesthesia for cosmetic and other surgeries.

The Friedberg Method was developed in 1992 and enhanced with the addition of the brain monitor to become Goldilocks anesthesia.™ More than 5,000 of Dr. Friedberg's patients - and he, himself, when he had hip surgery - have enjoyed its many benefits. If you or a loved one are facing surgery of any kind, this book will assist you in assuring the safest and best possible outcome with your anesthesia experience.

Read this book and take the knowledge on it's pages to your Doctor so that you can greatly benefit from having a brain monitor used with when anesthesia is needed.


When the time comes for me to have some kind of surgery, this is how it’s going to happen. I’m going to take this book into the surgeon and say this “Either your anesthesiologist does it this way, or I don’t choose you as my surgeon. No wiggle room, no negotiations. It’s this way, or no way”.

As a Chiropractor, I spend a lot of my time trying to help people avoid surgery, but when it’s necessary, then it’s time to do it. I’ve always spent a lot of time thinking about who would be the best surgeon for this patient, and now I feel like I should also be wondering “Who would be the best anesthesiologist” for this patient.

In this book, Dr. Friedberg gives us insights into the dangers and truths surrounding anesthesia, and explains his Goldilocks protocol. I’ve always had a great deal of respect for doctors who have the courage and nerves of steel to take patients to the edge of death, and then wake them up again, which is what anesthesia really is.

I always thought that feeling like garbage for 48 hours after surgery was just part of life. Wow, was I wrong. The Goldilocks protocol (not too little, not too much, but just right) made so much sense to me that I’m surprised that there is anyone doing it any other way.

This is a great book, written well so that the non-medically educated person can read it and understand it just as easily as those of us who stayed in school for way too long.

You need to read this book, then buy another copy for your friends and relatives. The protocols here can make all the difference when they have to take that scary step or surgery.

Highly recommended, and very enjoyable.

Thanks to Scott Lorenz of Westwind Communications for the opportunity to review this book.  You can learn more about Dr. Barry Friedberg here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 12/10

Comments

  1. This sounds great - after two c-sections, and a gall bladder removal, I thought nausea after surgery was normal. When I had my two brain surgeries in one year I quickly learned to discuss the fact that I get nauseous after surgery.

    Turns out it really helps to talk with them by the 2nd brain surgery they were able to tweak things so I had no nausea and felt pretty darn good for what I had just been through so I am glad there is a book to help others. I will have to check this out as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment