Blue Skies Tomorrow...Review

About the book:
In a time of peril, can they find the courage to confront their fears and embrace a love that lasts?

When her husband becomes a casualty of the war in the Pacific, Helen Carlisle throws herself into volunteering for the war effort to conceal her feelings. But keeping up appearances as the grieving widow of a hometown hero is taking its toll. Soon something is going to give.

Lt. Raymond Novak prefers the pulpit to the cockpit. His stateside job training B-17 pilots allows him the luxury of a personal life--and a convenient excuse to ignore his deepest fear. When the beautiful Helen catches his eye and captures his heart, he is determined to win her hand.

But when Ray and Helen are called upon to step out in faith and put their reputations and their lives on the line, can they meet the challenges that face them? And can their young love survive until blue skies return?

Filled with drama, daring, and all the romance of the WWII era, Blue Skies Tomorrow is the captivating final book in the popular Wings of Glory series.

When her husband is killed during the war, Helen Carlisle struggles with appearing to be the grieving widow, all while keeping the harrowing secrets about her husband and her marriage.  With controlling in-laws and an out of control toddler, she is torn between duty to a dead man and finding a new life and new love for herself.

Ray has his own fears and demons to conquer and must fly a combat tour in England and leave Helen behind, unsure of their future.

While this installment is about Ray, all three of the Novak brothers play a significant role. We see the conclusions to Allie and Walt's and Jack and Ruth's stories.  With the drama moving between California, England and Germany, this is an exciting, enthralling novel.  Historically it's well researched and the flying/combat scenes are tense and exciting.

One of my favorite things about this series is its Northern California setting.  I grew up in a city about 30 miles south of Antioch, California.  I am familiar with many of the local landmarks in the area and I especially loved the reference to Mt. Diablo!

I have loved the Wings of Glory series and I anxiously awaited the third and final book. I was thrilled to find that Blue Skies Tomorrow did not disappoint me. This is an exciting conclusion to the trilogy and I look forward to more from Sarah Sundin.

Available August 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Thanks to Donna from Baker Publishing for the opportunity to review this book.  You can learn more about Sarah Sundin here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 7/11

* * * * *
5/5 Stars


Comments

  1. Sounds like a great trilogy! Thanks for adding it to my BYGB linky list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received this book from LitFuse and will be posting my review on September 1st. It was pretty epic, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered all three contests today. I hope you are having a great weekend. I am exhausted, school started already so I think I'm going to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tweeted & forgot to give you my tweet name @_eHope '') sorry - heres the link and tweet
    https://twitter.com/#!/_eHope/status/108237203271979008

    Blue Skies Tomorrow Book Review + Giveaway http://bit.ly/mVwkt2 09/07

    thanks for the xtra entry opps!

    ReplyDelete