The Scent of Cherry Blossoms...Review

About the book:

Annie Martin loves the Plain ways of her Old Order Mennonite people, like those revered by her beloved grandfather. Retreating from a contentious relationship with her mother, Annie goes to live with her Daadi Moses in Apple Ridge.

But as spring moves into Pennsylvania and Annie spends time amongst the cherry trees with the handsome Aden Zook, she wishes she could forget how deeply the lines between the Old Order Amish and Old Order Mennonite are drawn.

Can Annie and Aden find a place for their love to bloom in the midst of the brewing storm?

I've read Cindy Woodsmall before and I enjoyed her Sisters of the Quilt series.  The premise of this book is fascinating and learning about the differences between Old Order Mennonite and Old Order Amish intrigued me.

I liked Annie and Aden and reading their story.  Unfortunately, I think the story was too short to be told well.  Written as a novella, I think this would be a much richer story if it was longer and the characters allowed to develop and the story more detailed.  I wanted to know more about Roman and Marian.  I think that there might be some back history in the novella A Christmas Singing, but I haven't read that one, so I don't know for sure.  I just know that this story, while sweet, left me wanting more.

I read my personal copy.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 5/12

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I hate it when a book feels too short and I am left wanting to spend more time with the characters. It sounds like this was a great read, but just wasn't long enough! Very nice review today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment