With Every Letter...Review...DNF

About the book:
Lt. Mellie Blake is looking forward to beginning her training as a flight nurse. She is not looking forward to writing a letter to a man she’s never met–even if it is anonymous and part of a morale-building program. Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer stationed in North Africa, welcomes the idea of an anonymous correspondence–he’s been trying to escape his infamous name for years.

As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other’s true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face-to-face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage by their pasts? Combining a flair for romance with excellent research and attention to detail, Sarah Sundin vividly brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing–and true love.

I adored Sarah Sundin's Wings of Glory series and I was anxious for her new Wings of the Nightingale series.  I've had a hard time getting into With Every Letter though and I finally just had to set it aside.  Like all of Sarah's books, the setting and descriptions are vivid and her message of faith and hope is strong.   However, this time around, the characters just didn't click for me and I thought the story line was a bit contrived and hard to believe.  I hope that if I go back to this story sometime in the future, it will resonate a bit more for me.  But right now, it's not one I can get into and finish.

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity for the opportunity to review this book. You can learn more about Sarah Sundin here. You can see other, positive reviews and tour stops here. You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 9/12

* *
2/5 Stars

Comments

  1. Nice to know I'm not the only one! Thought I was missing something everyone else "got".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this one was disappointing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment