Booking Through Thursday...Winter

It’s the depth of winter here where I live right now … what books do you like to read when it’s snowy and white? What books do you read to evoke a real feeling of winter (good or bad)?

It's definitely the depth of winter where I live too.  I think that the highest temp we've hit in the last two weeks hasn't been above 25.  It's been in the single digits many days and every night.  The snow won't melt and our street is really iced over.

I don't think the seasons really matter in regards to my reading.  Obviously I read Christmas books at Christmas time but, other than that, I really don't read particular books in specific seasons.  Now where or how I read is definitely affected by the weather.  In the winter, I curl up under a blanket and often have a cup of cocoa with me.

What about you?

Go here for more BTT posts.

Comments

  1. I don't really read specific books in winter either, I just read "comfortable" books! XD I'm a new follower, thanks for sharing!
    My BTT
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read books about cold climates and icy places when it's in the depths of summer, sort of as a way to cool off, I guess, but since I live in Florida, I can't really wait for a white winter to occur before I read those types of books! It sounds rather wonderful to be curling up with a book and a warm cup of cocoa this time of year though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot drink helps when reading to get that cozy feeling.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/booking-through-thursday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the seasons really change my reading habits. I do like Christmas books around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it is winter, it is all about comfort, isn't it? Curling up on the sofa, hot cup of tea, and a good book that makes you forget that there is snow and ice and that it is cold outside.

    kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that weather sounds awful to me. We're whining because it's in the 50s and raining. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're in the depth of winter here too in Montreal. My reading habits don't change with the weather either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment