Heat Wave...Review

About the book:
Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. PulitzerPrize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat.

I watch very little television.  Seriously.  Especially in comparison to people who watch tons of shows.  But, I adore, absolutely adore the show Castle.  I love what ABC has done with the Richard Castle character and that the Nikki Heat books are real.  I just wish I'd loved this as much as I love the show.  The book is entertaining and it's easy to see the character comparisons between book fiction and the fictional 12th precinct.  But, it just shows me again that murder mystery isn't my favorite genre.  Sometimes I get lucky with it and this one wasn't bad, it just won't ever be my favorite.  I prefer watching Rick and Kate go at each other rather than reading about Rook and Heat.

Best part of the book?  The acknowledgements and author interview at the end.  Hysterical and so true to the Castle character.

I read my personal copy.  You can learn more about Richard Castle here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 1/13

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. For an excellent murder mystery with an equally tough but sympathetic female protagonist, try Merciless by
    Lori Armstrong and then tell me what you think.

    My review if you are interested in the book: Merciless>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch much television either so I'm not familiar with the show. I like mystery but it's not my favorite genre either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the show and enjoy the series but the show is better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment