Mailbox Monday 11/10

It's time for another Mailbox Monday which was created by Marcia at To Be Continued.

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week... Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish list


The last couple of weeks have been fairly slow on the mailbox front. Of course, I've added Kindle freebies and some Netgalleys, but I'm only going to list what actually arrived for review!



Singing to a Bulldog: From Happy Days to Hollywood Director, and the Unlikely Mentor Who Got Me There by Anson Williams (for review, from FSB Associates)

Little Things Long Remembered: Making Your Children Feel Special Every Day by Susan Newman, PhD (for review, from iRead Book Tours)


-----------------------------------

What new books did you receive?  Check out more Mailbox Monday posts here.

Comments

  1. I bet the Anson Williams one will be good, he has directed several Star trek episodes and we are big Trekkies here.
    Thanks for visiting my blog X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading good things about Singing to a Bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singing to a Bullfrog is making its rounds. Sounds quite good.

    ENJOY both of your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly,

    Whilst I have never had a family of my own, I quite often find myself drawn to the vast array of fantastic books on offer for children these days. I think back to my own childhood, when just about every book that came into our house was a library book, which had to be returned! To receive a book I could cherish and keep was a rare thing, usually only reserved for birthday and christmas gifts.

    The art work in the books of today is generally of such a high standard and quite amazingly colourful, which child could resist opening the pages and 'Little Things Long Remembered' is no exception.

    The only problem with many childrens books, is the prohibitive cost, which in may cases seems to rival that of an adult fiction novel. A concerted effort to produce affordable childrens books, whilst maintaining as much of the quality as possible, would be good, don't you think?

    Thanks for sharing your new books and have a great reading week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Singing to a Bulldog looks good! Now I'm feeling nostalgic....thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment