Weekend Reflections 11/14

Looking outside....it's sunny, but cold. Currently 39 degrees.

Listening...to silence. I like slow Saturday mornings. The Doctor is at work and The Artist is helping with Scouting for Food and The Boy is helping at a fundraiser for the high school golf team.

Loving...friends and family and a comfortable, warm home. 


Thinking...that can't stop thinking about the attacks on Paris. I love that beautiful city. I have wonderful memories of walking her streets with family and friends. My heart breaks for her people.


In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate and a piece of warm, grilled naan bread right now and no idea what to do for dinner.


Wearing...BSU pajama pants and a gray turtleneck with gray fuzzy socks.


Needing...to clean the kitchen and go to the grocery store.


Reading...I have several that are overdue to be reviewed.

Today...is still somewhat up in the air.

Hoping...to relax a bit.

Planning...the next week. It's college application time. Strange to think I have one old enough to apply to colleges!

Gratitude...for a world filled with amazing, compassionate people. For all the horror of yesterday, I love the reminders that there are good people everywhere. The people of Paris opened their homes to those who were stranded by tweeting the hashtag #PorteOuverte to let others know that there were safe homes for them to stay in. Beautiful.


From my world... 



Confession time: back in our high school days, my best friend and I watched Days of Our Lives. We had our schedules figured so we could leave school, grab lunch and go to her house to watch it and then go back to school. I even watched it into my college years. While it's been a good 25 years since I've seen an episode, I well remember Days in the 80s: Bo & Hope's wedding (best television wedding ever!)...Roman and Marlena...Eugene and Calliope and...my list goes on. This fun surprise arrived in my mailbox yesterday with little post-it note memories from my girlfriend. It was a sweet walk down memory lane!

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I think the Paris attacks have hit a lot of people very hard. I am so tired of senseless violence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment