Books I Have Forgotten

Each month I want to revisit some of my past reviews. One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini
5/5 Stars
10/2007

I loved this book. It was an easy read: only a couple of hours. I loved the quilting aspect and how the lives of these two women became so intertwined. The author is a terrific storyteller and she shares a delightful tale of friendship, family life and secrets and forgiveness. The women in this story weave their lives together, much as a quilt is brought together in pieces. It's a terrific book.

This was the first in the Elm Creek Quilter's series. I enjoyed the series as a whole, until it became too much of a good thing. I don't think every character in a series needs their own book.

Water for Elephants
 by Sara Gruen
12/2007
4/5 Stars

I loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a wonderful book. I read it in an evening, mostly because I could not put it down. The author truly is a storyteller. You can smell and feel the atmosphere of the circus; you sympathize with the characters and cheer when things go right and shed a tear when they go wrong. This is one of those books you want to read again and again. A compelling and beautifully written novel.


Heartbreak Town by Marsha Moyer
2/5 Stars
11/2007

My early reviews were often too brief, I'm discovering. I still couldn't tell you what this book is about, because I remember nothing about it! 

"A novel of small-town life, big-time success, and a once-in-a-lifetime love worth fighting for after all. It was ok. Not bad, not great. An entertaining read. Classic small town situations and thinking. I don't not recommend it!"

--------------------------------------------

What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments