#CoverCrush: Hotel Moscow


I will freely admit that I judge books by their covers. The cover is usually what first captures my attention when browsing Goodreads or Netgalley. Actually, in all honesty, it isn't just usually, it's pretty much all the time. The cover determines if I look at the synopsis and reviews.



This cover captured my attention immediately because I have always had a fascination with Russia. Growing up during the heart of the cold war, Russia was always mysterious and far away. It was communist and forbidden. I always pictured it gray and dismal, so seeing icons like St. Basil's Cathedral was such a dazzling contrast of color and vibrancy. Once the wall fell and the cold war as we knew it ended, Russia opened up and we were able to learn so much more about the country. This cover captures the essence of dazzle and secrets.

What about you? Any book covers capture your attention this week?

Cover Crush is a weekly series that originated with Erin at Flashlight Commentary. If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their Cover Crush posts look like, you can do that here: The Maiden's Court, Flashlight Commentary, A Bookaholic Swede.




Comments