#CoverCrush: The Whiskey Sea


I will freely admit that I judge books by their covers. The cover is usually what first captures my attention when browsing Goodreads or Netgalley. Actually, in all honesty, it isn't just usually, it's pretty much all the time. The cover determines if I look at the synopsis and reviews.



The ocean calls to me. It is on the coast where I feel the most at home. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and spent much time on the beach. The northern Pacific Coast isn't warm water. But, the beaches are rugged and magnificent. I love nothing more than sitting on the beach, watching the waves crash.

This cover immediately captured my attention. The rugged beach, the woman walking along the beach in a warm coat and hat. She's alone, looking out at the ocean. Why? Is she sad? Happy? Is she just taking a stroll or is she pondering and searching?

I'm going to have to read the book to find out. And at the moment, I'm fighting a wave of homesickness for the ocean.

What about you? Any book covers capture your attention this week?

Cover Crush is a weekly series that originated with Erin at Flashlight Commentary. If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their Cover Crush posts look like, you can do that here: The Maiden's Court, Flashlight Commentary, A Bookaholic SwedeLayered Pages, indieBRAG.

Comments

  1. Thank you for loving this cover. It is my favorite so far of all my novels. Lake Union is coming up with some beauties!
    My best, Ann Howard Creel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thank you for stopping by my blog! I am looking forward to reading your novel. And, I agree, Lake Union has some gorgeous covers.

      Delete

Post a Comment