Weekend Reflections 4/22

Looking outside...it's gorgeous and sunny. Currently 59, with a breeze.

Listening...to the washing machine and a fish tank. The Doctor is using the new steamer to clean some carpets. The Artist is asleep.

Loving...that The Doctor is home. We haven't had a lot of Saturdays together over the last 10 years because he always had to see patients and while it was only supposed to be a couple of hours in the morning, it always ended up being most of the day. 

Now, he is able to schedule as he pleases and see patients when he wants to. He stayed late to see a patient last night and I didn't mind, because it was his choice and his patient.

We are together so much more now because I am able to work in his office with him. I love it.

Thinking...that I should probably get moving.

In my kitchen...Not sure yet. Last night I did a Deconstructed Pizza. So good and Keto friendly. It's basically a pizza casserole of all the pizza ingredients minus the crust. Amazing!

Wearing...purple pajamas, black slippers and a gray cardigan.

Reading...I am a reading slacker. Truly, it is pathetic.

Today...I'm not sure. Definitely some stuff around the house, but we also want to take advantage of a beautiful day.

Quoting...“Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” ― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

Feeling...Missing The Boy.

We took him back to school for spring semester last weekend. We had a great weekend in Utah seeing friends. Lots of laughs, love good food and even better conversation. I love how my family blends so well with my girlfriends' families. Saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Music and the Spoken Word Easter program on Sunday before driving The Boy back to Rexburg. 

I love that he has opportunities like school, but his absence leaves a big gaping hole in our home. The music isn't quite tuned well when one is missing.

Planning...this next week and prepping a Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.


Gratitude...for texting, so we can chat with The Boy, answer questions and just connect.

From my world... 




Take the life you've been given and make it incredible. 

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I'm glad the Doctor's new office is working out so well for y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment