Trimming the TBR

The last time I purged books from Goodreads To-Read list, I still ended up with 2855. I added some more and today, I purged a few more. Let's see how far I got.

This time around I purged a shedload of Austen-wannabe novels. I did this because with few exceptions, I haven't liked the Austen-wannabe novels I've read. The original stories stand alone just fine. And again, with the exception of Pamela Aidan's Fitzwilliam Darcy series, I haven't discovered an author who captured the characters well.


The Women of Pemberley and Pemberley Shades.


Mr. Darcy's Daughter and The Darcys & the Bingleys.


Presumption and The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy.


Jane Austen: The World of Her Novels  and The Jane Austen Handbook.

There are 6 Austen-esque novels here. There are also two books about the world of Jane Austen. I am not enamored of that world or the Regency Era, so I'm not going to read those types of books either. I probably deleted 15 more that are similar to these 8. I'm not going to read them. It's just not happening, so these are gone and I'm not adding any more to my TBR.

------------

I ended this purge with 2831 books and obviously I didn't list every single book here. I'm making progress, right?

What about you? How many books are on your TBR? Do you ever go through and clean it out?


Comments

  1. I clean out my shelves and my spreadsheet from time to time but don't worry about Good Reads or Library Thing. I'm with you on those Austen variations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea!! I really need to clean out my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment