Weekend Reflections 6/17

Looking outside...it's sunny with blue skies. Currently 61 with a projected high of 75. A perfect day.

It has been 70s and 80s all week. We had wicked thunderstorms last weekend. Like, shake-the-whole-house-thunderstorms. The Artist loved it.

Listening...to silence. Silence is nice. The Doctor is helping someone move and The Artist is still asleep.

Loving...that The Doctor is home. I am so enjoying this schedule of him being home on Saturdays and only going into the office if he chooses to.

I am however tired of thoughtless patients who just don't show up. Seriously. When you schedule an appointment with someone, anyone, show up. If you can't, then CALL THEM. If you don't, you're thoughtless and rude. I get that emergencies come up, but it's a rare occurrence that makes it so you can't call or text. And if a doctor schedules an appointment AT YOUR CONVENIENCE, be considerate and grateful and if you can't keep it, call. Don't give me the excuse of forgetting. You have a cell phone and it has a calendar feature. USE IT. 

That way you won't piss off The Doctor's wife when her husband has stayed later or gone in earlier just for you and then it was all for nothing.

To those of you who let your doctor know if you're running late or can't make an appointment. Thank you. It is much appreciated. To the rest of you? Grow up.

Thinking...that I should probably get moving.

In my kitchen...Not sure yet about dinner. At the moment, it's Crio Bru with sugar-free caramel syrup. It's replaced my normal highly sugared, high carbed regular hot chocolate.

Wearing...purple pajamas.

Reading...I wrote reviews this week! The Last Neanderthal went up yesterday and three (THREE!!!) reviews will post next week. Yay me! 

Today...I'm not sure. Mostly just being together and crossing off things on the house maintenance list. Tomorrow we're going for a drive and getting away for the day.

Quoting..."Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt 

Feeling...Curious. I had a Simply Healed Energy session this week and loved it. I have felt more aware of my surroundings and feelings this week. The experience has left me curious about energy and chakras and I've been doing a lot of reading about those and how they work with affirmations and essential oils. It's been enlightening and fascinating. 

If you're interested in learning about energy healing, I highly recommend my healing practitioner, Melanie Newman. She is fantastic.

Planning...this next week and going over our house maintenance "To-Do" list. It seems to be never ending...


Gratitude...for relationships; for friendship and connecting with each other.

From my world... 




Follow The Psychotic Penguin on Instagram and Twitter. You never know where he'll turn up next...

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. Your weather sounds perfect! I love silence too.

    Our neighbor is a nurse practitioner and she says she has tons of no-shows too which just blows my mind. Someone else probably needed/wanted that appointment and didn't get seen because someone else couldn't take the time to cancel. People have become so self absorbed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment