Weekend Reflections 11/11

Looking outside...it's overcast and wet, but the sun is peeking through.

Listening...to the bathroom fan, the fishtank filter that needs more water. The Doctor went to see patients this morning. The Boy is still asleep. He worked last night. The Artist is at the school at a rehearsal.

Loving...the days I can spend with The Doctor in his office and work together.

Thinking...that I'm not going to rant today.  I don't know who actually reads these posts, but writing helps me work through my thoughts, ideas, issues and yes, rants. I enjoy writing. I enjoy ranting. My husband says I'm quite good at it. đŸ˜‰ But, I don't feel like ranting today. I want to enjoy the sunshine that just broke through the clouds. I want to enjoy my family and spending time together. I want to be grateful that I am alive. I want to enjoy this beautiful fall day.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru now and I'm not sure about dinner, yet. I'm never sure about dinner anymore!

Wearing...fuzzy Minion jammies, black turtleneck and black slippers.

Reading...what's that again? It takes so much effort. I'm still working on The Gifts of Imperfection by BrenĂ© Brown and The Confectioner's Tale by Laura Madeleine. I'm really not feeling the motivation to read.

Today...Christmas lights. And The Artist has a rehearsal at the school. And I need to pay bills and clean my kitchen.

Quoting..."In my opinion the best thing you can you do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out of your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with." -- Juno

Feeling...reflective. We went to a wedding last night. It was lovely. We sat with friends and talked and visited. We observed. We reflected on our own 21 years of marriage. I am so grateful for The Doctor. I can honestly tell you I love him even more now, than I did when we were first married, and I never would have dreamed that was possible. But shared life experience bonds you for both positive and negative. And trials and challenges come. We have and have had them. But listening to each other is important.

Last night a video camera was passed around for guests to give advice to the newly married young couple. Our table advised them to communicate, among other things.

Communication is necessary and vital. Talking and sharing. But more important than talking is listening. Too often we don't listen to hear, we listen to respond. As couples, as friends and family and as a country, we need to do more listening to hear.

When I am asked for my advice on marriage, I often respond with something like: "Cherish each other, listen to hear, laugh a lot, and enjoy life together."

Planning...for Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. And so do my children, although The Boy pointed out this week that there were 15 days until we get to put up our Christmas tree. 

Gratitude...for those who do serve and who have served in our military. For those who sacrifice and give. For those who literally have given their lives in defense of this country and its people. My father was a veteran. I have friends who are veterans. I am grateful beyond words to live where I do.

From my world... 



In case he asks? Thor left his spare Mjolnir at our house. I found it on the recliner.

Thor: Ragnarok was fantastic. Loved it. 

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments