Weekend Reflections 8/4

Looking outside...it's sunny and supposed to be pleasant today. There is still a lot of smoke in the valley from fires.

Listening...to silence. The Artist is rafting, the Boy is at work and the Doctor saw patients this morning and isn't back yet.

Loving...time with my family. It is precious. I love watching these boys of mine grow up and become amazing men.

Thinking...I have so many healthcare rants floating inside my head and they're doing battle with the logical side that says it's not worth it to complain. But, I want to just yell and scream. 

So because I want to do that. I won't. I really am trying to see the positive, good things in life because complaining is only negative and it rarely, if ever, results in something good.

We are blessed to be in a profession that helps people. I will leave it at that.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru. Not sure what we're doing for dinner tonight. We had Goodwood last night. They do the best take out. Seriously.

Wearing...ratty, paint-spattered shorts and a t-shirt because I'm coloring my hair.

Reading...I should just take this category off the reflections post. I did finish Daughters of the Night Sky and now I need to write the review.

Today...coloring my hair. Maybe some errands. Probably laundry. I might just sit and read. Novel idea...

Quoting...
Every drop of rain that falls in Sahara Desert says it all,
It's a miracle.
All God's creations great and small, the Golden Gate and the Taj Mahal,
That's a miracle.
Test tube babies being born, mothers, fathers dead and gone,
It's a miracle. We're having a miracle on earth, mother nature does it all for us,
The wonders of this world go on, the hanging Gardens of Babylon,
Captain Cook and Cain and Able, Jimi Hendrix to the Tower of Babel
It's a miracle, it's a miracle, it's a miracle, it's a miracle.
The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on earth - an end to war,
It's a miracle we need - the miracle, the miracle we're all waiting for today,
If every leaf on every tree, could tell a story that would be a miracle,
If every child on every street, had clothes to wear and food to eat,
That's a miracle.
If all God's people could be free, to live in perfect harmony,
It's a miracle, we're having a miracle on earth,
Mother nature does it all for us
Open hearts and surgery, Sunday mornings with a cup of tea,
Super powers always fighting,
But Mona Lisa just keeps on smiling,
The wonders of this world go on,
It's a miracle, it's a miracle, it's a miracle, it's a miracle.
The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on earth and an end to war,
It's a miracle we need, the miracle, the miracle,
Peace on earth and end to war today,
That time will come one day you'll see when we can all be friends.

-- The Miracle, Queen

Feeling...tired, but I'm always tired. Reflective. I've been reflective a lot this year. 

I have been listening to Queen. We are so excited for Bohemian Rhapsody to come out. Our boys love Queen too, and their music is very often heard in our home and vehicles. Lately, I've loved their song, The Miracle. It was released in 1989, but is still so very relevant today. As I watch the internets and see the news, so much of it is negative. There is so much hate. Social media hasn't made us a kinder people. Instead, I think that the anonymity of the internets has emboldened many to say things, they hopefully wouldn't say in person, although that is changing too.

I love it when people share the good things that happen in this world. Because I know they are out there. They just get overshadowed by hate and anger and an unwillingness to listen and to understand.

So this song? This song has resonated with me so much this week. I think we could use some more miracles in our lives. I think we should do a better job of recognizing the miracles in our lives.

Planning...this next week. School is starting in a couple of weeks and this next week we get to finalize The Artist's class schedule for his Senior year.

Gratitude...for my husband. For his love, his insight and his acceptance. I am so blessed. 

From my world... 


Avengers: Infinity War. 

Tony Stark: I'm sorry, earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here.

The Infinity Gauntlet. As created by The Artist. He's amazing.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I don't work in healthcare but could go on a rant about it myself.

    Senior year is an exciting, bittersweet time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment