Childhood Favorites...Lenora Mattingly Weber

Childhood favorites. Everyone has a favorite book or author from childhood. A book that touched them or changed them. A book that perhaps initiated their love of reading and put them on the path of libraries and learning.

Childhood Favorites is a monthly series focusing on beloved books from the past. 

Donald Zolan, Quiet Time.

Growing up as a child in the 70s, I found so many awesome books in the library. I loved books that were written in the 40s, 50s and 60s.

Don't Call Me Katie Rose by Lenora Mattingly Weber was one I checked out over and over again.  I adored Katie Rose. She was a freshman in high school and only wanted to fit in and be like the other kids. What teenager doesn't? Her family was a bit quirky. Awesome, but quirky and quirky wasn't cool, it made you stand out.

There were sequels and many other books that Ms. Weber wrote, but this was my favorite.

What about you? What is one of your childhood favorites?

Comments