Childhood Favorites...Betty Cavanna

Childhood favorites. Everyone has a favorite book or author from childhood. A book that touched them or changed them. A book that perhaps initiated their love of reading and put them on the path of libraries and learning.

Books: Childhood Favorites is a monthly series focusing on beloved books from the past. 

Donald Zolan, Quiet Time.

I started reading Betty Cavanna books in late elementary school. I was looking for something to read and my mother suggested Betty Cavanna, because she remembered reading her books in the 1950s. This would have been the late 1970s, so bear with me. I'm old.


Betty Cavanna's books appealed to a young 12 year old because they talked about difficulties of adolescence, loneliness, sibling rivalries, mother/daughter/sister relationships. I found them on the shelves of our school library and read one, after another.



Teenagers love coming of age stories, and I was no different.

What about you? What is one of your childhood favorites?

Comments