I do not guarantee a positive review, but I promise to be honest. I work very hard at posting reviews when I say I will, but life often happens and so do book review delays, so please be aware of that.
My time is valuable and I prefer reading for enjoyment, not obligation, so I've also become fairly selective about what books I will accept for review:
- I am selective about self-published books. I applaud and commend you for writing and publishing yourself. But, please go through an editing process with a professional. Every book needs editing and proofing. Every book. There are small presses that will work with you to make your book better and more polished. Please find one.
- I don't like books that contain excessive profanity or explicit sex scenes: neither one ever improves a story and will negatively affect my review, so please don't ask me to read your book if you write like that.
- I don't particularly like dystopian novels. The Hunger Games was a surprising exception.
- I don't love thrillers.
- I'm very selective about YA.
- Paranormal is not my thing.
- I don't read erotica or LGBT.
- If it falls under any of the above categories, your request will be deleted. All that shows me is that you didn't really read my review policy.
- If I want to review your book, I will respond to your request. If I haven't, I'm not interested, so please don't send me multiple emails.
- If you have a thin skin and can't handle negative reviews, don't ask me to review your book. I try very hard to be fair and kind in my reviews, but if I don't like your book, for whatever reason, I will say so. I will not, however, criticize you as a person. Please don't try and persuade me in the comments section or send your friends over to promote your book and tell me why I'm wrong in not liking it. It's very unprofessional.