Everyday Tidbits...

Be Kind. Do Good. Love is a Verb.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Meme!

As many of you probably know, Book Blogger Appreciate Week is happening September 14-18.

Book Blogger Appreciation was started by
Amy Riley of My Friend Amy in an effort to recognize the hard work and contribution of book bloggers to the promotion and preservation of a literate culture actively engaged in discussing books, authors, and a lifestyle of reading.

The first Book Blogger Appreciation was observed in the fall of 2008 and occurs every September. The week spotlights and celebrates the work of active book bloggers through guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. Book Bloggers are encouraged to register their participation for inclusion in a database of book bloggers.


1) What was the highlight (something that happened, a post, an activity, etc.) of BBAW for you last year?


I didn't realize at first how cool the whole concept of BBAW was, so I don't think I gained a full appreciation for it. The highlight for me, though, was simply discovering how large the book blogging world is. There are so many unique and interesting book bloggers out there. Having my blog listed in the database brought new followers and new readers to my blog all year long.

2) What is one new blog you discovered during BBAW last year?

I found too many to list!

3) What tips would you share to help others get the most out of their BBAW experience?

Visit the BBAW page. Register for BBAW. Nominate those bloggers you really like. Check out the blogs and giveaways. Visit and leave comments. If you have ARCs you want to offer as giveaways, do it. Get to know people. Make new friends and find oodles of new books to read! Most importantly, don't feel pressured. The directory is available all the time. Visit who you can, participate as you feel like you want to and just enjoy the opportunity to find out more about the book blogging community.

You can check out other BBAW meme participants here.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Holly!!! I'm ready. Glad you're participating. Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about BBAW from those who have done it. Your post is helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be my first year participating. It's late, so I'll put up a sticky note now to register.Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating Holly! ;) I hope you have fun again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Discovering how many bloggers there are was definitely one of the highlights for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating rather or not to participate. I'd love to, but school starts in Sept. and I'll be in over my head!

    BTW, I think that's how I found your blog, and have been enjoying the reviews ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up and am already too excited(lol).

    ReplyDelete