The Lightkeeper's Daughter...Review

About the book:
At a lavish estate in Mercy Falls, California, Addie Sullivan finds danger-and quite possibly the love of her life.

Growing up as the lightkeeper's daughter on a remote island at the turn of the century, Addie Sullivan has lived a hardscrabble life. When a long-lost and wealthy relative finds her and enlists her to work as a governess at a lavish estate, she hopes to discover the truth of her heritage. But at Eaton Hall, nothing is as it seems. Not the idyllic family she hoped for, not the child she was hired to help, not even the aloof man she's immediately attracted to. Soon she must turn for help to Lieutenant John North, a man who views her with suspicion.

As Addie edges closer to the truth, danger threatens even as her romance with John blossoms and together they unravel a decades-old mystery. As Addie faces down her enemy, she discovers that faith in her one true Father is all she needs.

A light, yet entertaining suspenseful romance.  The characters are either too good to be true or so bad, they're caricatures.  It all wraps up neatly although, surprisingly, not quite as predictably as I had originally assumed.

I do have issues with the editing and I could have used a family organization chart to help me keep track of who was related to whom and how. 

I loved the setting of this book.  I'm from Northern California.  I love the city of Ferndale, which was the inspiration for Mercy Falls.  I've been to Fort Bragg which features in the story as well and I love lighthouses.  So the setting was a definite win for me.

This is first in the Mercy Falls series.  I'm scheduled to review the third one and didn't realize it was part of a series, so I'll check out the second one just to see if it's more of the same.  This is a fast, easy read and one that could be nice for an afternoon escape.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 4/11

***
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. The model for this cover was a student of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment