Weekend Reflections 11/24

Looking outside:  The leaves have fallen and need to be raked.

Listening: To the silence.  I'm the only one up so far and the silence is lovely.

Loving: Pajamas, fuzzy socks and hot chocolate.

Thinking: How excited I am about the new Les Mis movie.  It's already receiving stellar reviews in the previews.

Kitchen:  Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder for dinner.

Learning:  I canned turkey broth yesterday, using my pressure canner for the first time.  It totally rocked.

Needing: To finish the Christmas decorating so I can put away all the boxes.

Reading: Lola's Secret by Monica McInerney.

Today:  Some work, some laundry, haircuts and picture taking for our Christmas card.

Wanting: To be kinder and have love in my heart.

Planning: My Christmas lists

Gratitude: For my family and my home with a warm fireplace.

From my world:  Even Godzilla likes the M&Ms


---------------------------------------
I found a delightful MEME at Inside the Miles from another Holly.  It reminded me of Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook that I've participated in before.  I combined a bit of everything that applied to me, added my own title and I love it.  I may do it every week.  I am finding the need to not only express gratitude for my blessings daily, but to reflect on my life.

What about you?  What are you reflecting on today?

Comments

  1. I need to get our leaves up too, but I'll probably use the lawnmower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend day :)
    I have lots of leaf raking to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a fun weekend organizing an Amazing Race for my kids and their friends. I'm so grateful for the friends and spiritual sisters in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lots to comment on! I enjoyed Lola's Secret. The leaves are sooooo much lighter at our new house. Thrilled about that, but we do need to get to the raking and sweeping, too. Fuzzy socks, warm jammies and a hot drink have been my best friends. Our heater was out for 10 days and it did get a tad chilly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment