Pennsylvania Patchwork...Review

About the book:
Meeting the family that her mother had kept hidden from her, Holly comes face to face with her real life and blood legacy. She also falls for the charming Zach, a handsome Mennonite veterinarian who is everything she's ever wanted in a husband: confident, kind, successful, and authentic. And Zach proposes marriage. Is this too soon? Is this the right choice?

Mother and Amish grandmother think she's rushing into too much of a lifestyle change. Holly is in love with Zach and that precludes everything. Until she meets an attractive Amish man. And an old suitor shows up.

Pennyslvania Patchwork is the moving, richly told story of one woman's heart, her faith and trust, and the choices she makes. Never easy, but one choice can change your destiny.

The original review invitation for this book listed it as the first in a series.  However, it is the second in a series and that is a big issue as you really needed to read this first one.  Had I known it was part of a series I hadn't read, I probably wouldn't have requested it.  I felt like I was missing out by not reading the books in order.

While I love the heroine's name, I did not care for her or any of these characters.  Had I gotten to know them in the first book and been able to understand the history and relationships, I might have enjoyed them better. There is a lot of meddling and a lot of criticism.  Holly's grandmother is a right piece of work.

Bottom line is that fans of Kate Lloyd will probably love it and those who appreciate Amish fiction should read this series in order.  I believe the first book is called Leaving Lancaster.  This just wasn't for me which is a bummer because I like Amish books with characters who return to the fold as well as those Englisch who join.

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity for the opportunity to review this book.  You can learn more about Kate Lloyd here.  You can see other reviews and tour stops here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 6/13

* *
2/5 Stars

Comments