Books I Have Forgotten

Each month I want to revisit some of my past reviews. One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

New Mercies by Sandra Dallas
3/5 Stars
1/2008

My review says that I liked it and found it interesting. Apparently I didn't enjoy it as much as other Sandra Dallas books.

I have literally no memory of reading this. I couldn't tell you anything about it.


How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison

2/2008
3/5 Stars

My review: "A light, fun read. Giovanna is someone you can like and even relate to in many ways. I can see the appeal for teenagers/YA. Those high school years can be awkward, with lots of embarrassing moments. Giovanna certainly has her share of embarrassing moments and misunderstandings in this book, but her voice is believable. Entertaining."

Again, no memory whatsoever about this.

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
1/5 Stars
11/2008

I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were a true work of fiction, with characters completely created from the author's imagination. There are some bibliographical references at the end of the novel about the books which inspired her to write this piece of work. The main character is modeled after Laura Bush, and while the author admits this, I wish she'd just written a biography about Mrs. Bush, rather than some thinly disguised piece of fiction. She's also modeled the Blackwell family after the Bush family, including the President, and having read several Bush biographies, I can definitely see her similarities.

I haven't read anything by Sittenfeld since.

--------------------------------------------

What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments

  1. I remember seeing American Wife on many blogs, and had it on my tbr list long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read American Wife plus another one whose title I cant remember by this author. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could remember what they were, they wouldn't be forgotten would they? There are quite a few books I read years ago that I barely remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment