Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas Cake...Review

About the book:
Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas Cake is a truly heart-warming and hilarious read about sisters, love and finding the courage to be yourself – one snowflake at a time.

For Tamsin Angel, Christmas is always the biggest and best… chic parties and a little showbiz sparkle are a must. This year though, things aren’t going quite as planned…

With bailiffs suddenly at the door and her husband nowhere to be found, it looks like Christmas just got downsized. Moving into her sister’s one-bedroom flat, she wonders whether things will ever be the same again.

After losing her husband on Christmas Eve, Sam Angel has rebuilt her life around her son Jacob and her new business – The White Angel Bakery. She’s also found herself a very handsome, loving boyfriend, but is struggling to let go of the past.

Thrown together with a sprinkle of Christmas magic, Sam and Tamsin might just learn a little more about each other – and themselves. But when disaster strikes at the bakery, will they be able to save the day in time for Christmas?

I love books about sisters, because I have 3 sisters myself. So a book about sisters, set at Christmas is right up my alley. I liked Sam immediately, but struggled at first to like Tamsin. However, she grew on me, outrageous behavior and all. The secondary characters are hilarious and add some depth.

The story alternates first-person chapters from each sister's point of view. Normally, I wouldn't like this, but it works here and it's nice to get the different perspectives and insight. Each sister has her challenges to overcome and it's together that they are able to do so.

There is mild sexual content and minimal profanity. The story is light and predictable, but funny and a bit heart-warming.

Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to review this book. You can learn more about Sue Watson here. You can also follow her on Twitter and Facebook.

Read 11/16

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. This one sounds like fun & cute Christmas-y read. I start my holiday reading closer to December so I'm going to put this one on my list :) -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books about sisters, too. Might have to give this one a read this Christmas season. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment