Weekend Reflections 12/3

Looking outside...it's cold and cloudy with a chance of snow.

Listening...to Christmas music. My new favorite? Pentatonix's That's Christmas to Me. Beautiful. Go listen now. It's ok. I can wait...

Loving...this Christmas season. It's time for some Christmas magic. I think this country needs is desperately.

Thinking...that I have things to do.

In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now. 

Wearing...blue BSU pajamas, gray turtleneck and fuzzy gray socks.

Hoping...that we find some answers and a path for moving forward in opening our own practice. There is a maelstrom of feelings associated with taking this step: fear, hope, trepidation, excitement, terror, faith...


Reading...nothing that is finished yet! But I wrote about banning books on Facebook. It was in response to a Virginia school district temporarily banning To Kill a Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn because one parent complained about racial slurs. I think my post came out well. Read it and tell me what you think?

Today...household chores, never ending laundry and an office Christmas lunch.

Quoting...“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ― Bob Hope

Feeling...So tired. So very, very tired.

Planning...figuring out what we are doing for Christmas: budgets, gifts. 

Gratitude...for my fireplace, a warm home and a wonderful family. 

From my world... 



Our family nativity returned. This year three dinosaurs, 2 K-9, a crocodile named Boudreaux,  a scorpion, a lizard, baby Groot and Hobbes all want to worship the baby Jesus along with three wisemen and a purple minion. Carnivores, foreigners, plants, little monsters, insects and reptiles: we're an all inclusive family! Merry Christmas.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments