Weekend Reflections 9/30

Looking outside...it's drizzly, but clearing.

Listening...to LDS General Conference. I love General Conference.

Loving...the family together, watching and listening to conference. I love our time together.

Thinking...that I'm tired. I'm always tired. Ms. Snark is quiet this morning.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru now and I'm not sure about dinner. That seems to be my standard answer.

Wearing...purple pajamas.

Reading...what's that again? 

Today...some laundry in between conference sessions. The Artist has to mow lawns. He may need to wait until Monday.

Quoting...“ "If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect--then you need to get out." -- Lt. Gen. Jay B. Silveria, Superintendent, USAFA

Feeling...I posted this on my Instagram account this week and it reflects where my thoughts have been this week.

I went to a funeral today for a beautiful young woman. I knew her from church and her husband has been one of my son's youth leaders. In fact, I excused JB from school today, at his request, so that he could attend the funeral as well, because he loves Jake. JoAnna was 27 and far too young. She had valiantly fought cancer and was recovering well from a liver transplant. But, the outcomes from trial and illness that we want, aren't always what happen.

As I sat in the church today, I listened. I listened as people talked about her life and her goodness and kindness. Her humor and her love. And I reflected and wondered, "what will people say at my funeral? Probably that I was snarky. But, I hope for better. And if I hope for better, I need to be better. I need to be more like JoAnna; to have less judgment and more compassion; less snark and more kindness. It was a privilege to be there today. It was a privilege to provide food for the family luncheon after the burial. It was a privilege to know this sweet woman and learn from her example.


Planning...for the upcoming week.

Gratitude...for so much.

From my world... 


Watch. Listen. Learn.
Dialogue and discussion is important. Listen to hear, not to correct or condemn. Treat people with dignity and respect. Be kind. Do good. Love is a verb.
That is all.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I've been reflecting on my life in much the same way lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment