Weekend Reflections 10/7

Looking outside...it's sunny and cool. 

Listening...to the sounds of home.

Loving...the ability to travel. But, it was sobering to be in Las Vegas this week. As we flew into the airport, we could see the broken window of the Mandalay Bay hotel. As we drove down past the hotel on Friday, there was still a strong police and FBI presence. The row of crosses, the memorials and tributes. It was very sobering.

Thinking...that I don't love Las Vegas. Sorry, but it's true. I love people who live in Las Vegas, but that city has a weird vibe. 

However, the wedding and reception we traveled there for were so awesome. Three years ago, two young women walked into our lives as LDS missionaries. And immediately became the daughters we never had. We tried to adopt them, but they have parents. So we adopted-by-love. We have stayed in touch and surprised one at her wedding last year and yesterday witnessed the wedding of the second. 

It was such a fun occasion. Both the bride and groom are big comic fans and they incorporated their love of comics and fandoms into their wedding reception. Best reception I've ever been to, including my own.

Loved sharing the day with people I love. Lots of laughter, love and fun.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru right now, because I haven't had any for two days.

Wearing...denim skirt, green and tan shirt, barefeet.

Reading...working on The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard. Posted a review for The Life She Was Given by Ellen Marie Wiseman on Friday. 

Today...we flew home from Las Vegas. We flew down Thursday evening for a wedding yesterday. It was an awesome trip.

Quoting..."I would rather spend one lifetime with you than spend all of the ages of this world alone." -- Arwen to Aragorn , Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings

Feeling...tired after two nights of not much sleep on hotel beds, happy to have been part of a wonderful wedding and grateful for friends who are like family.

Planning...looking toward the week.

Gratitude...for my husband, who is great traveling companion. Grateful to our boys, who are old enough to be left alone and who are responsible. They get along, they can fend for themselves and I came home to a clean house. They're awesome.

From my world... 


I thought the detail on a random Las Vegas overpass was pretty.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I've been sad about Las Vegas all week so I'm sure it was rather eerie to be there - I'm glad it was for a happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy and grey here but I never complain about the rain. Half the country with severe drought, half the country rain. The story of Las Vegas is heart rending especially since there is no reason at all. I still dont understand the American Government stance on gun control, and probably never will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment