Books I Have Forgotten

Each month I revisit some of my past reviews. One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I found that I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

Stop Dressing Your Six-Year Old Like A Skank by Celia Rivenbark
3/5 Stars
10/2007

"Laugh out loud funny. Some questionable humor and a sprinkling of swear words, but absolutely hysterical. You'll even laugh out loud at the stuff you think you shouldn't.

She completely captures the essence of southern people. I LOVE the skank chapter. It's so totally true!"

This one sounds like it was funny.

Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw
3/5 Stars
10/2006

"I don't always agree with Dr. Phil, in fact I don't ever watch his show, but I enjoyed his wife's book. She shares experiences from her life and how we can make deliberate choices that will enrich our lives. She shares experiences of her life with Phillip and there's is a true partnership and love story.

She has faith and speaks of God, but I felt that much of it was superficial. I would have enjoyed a longer book that openly explored and spoke of a relationship with God. It was good though, and it was inspiring."

I have no memory of this one either.

The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas
3/5 Stars
10/2007

"Another one from Sandra Dallas. I enjoyed it. It is a well-written and entertaining western set in New Mexico. Everyone is trying to cheat everyone else and you don't find out until the end who really wins! There was one section that had some disturbing images of assault that, although relevant to the storyline, were a little strong for me.

Overall, a good book. I will be on the lookout for more Sandra Dallas books."

This one did not sound familiar at all.

--------------------------------------------

What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments