Weekend Reflections 8/10

Looking outside...it's sunny, but we had thunderstorms last night, and we may have more this evening. The Little Miss doesn't like thunder, lightning or fireworks.

Listening...we are in the office this morning, so I can hear The Doctor talking with a patient in the exam room and the sound of the ocean. It's what The Doctor has playing in the office instead of music. 

Loving...time with my family. Our boys are becoming good men and I am proud of them. They bring me joy. They make me laugh. 

Thinking...It's been a year since my last Weekend Reflection. I need to get back into writing my reflections and thoughts. There are so many thoughts and feelings rolling through my head--political, religious, literary. It's time to start writing them out for processing.


In my kitchen...dishes in the sink. Always. Not sure what is for dinner. Standard refrain.

Wearing...denim skirt, black and white striped tank, red cardigan, black flats.

Reading...I couldn't tell you the last actual new book I read. I have so many in my Kindle and on my bedside table, but mentally, it just takes too much effort right now to concentrate on something new. 

Today...we have patients this morning. We need to replace the ceiling fan in our bedroom and do some things around the house. I'm feeling the need to purge and minimize.

Quoting...the band Queen has lyrics that resonate with me all the time. Love them. The words to Is This the World We Created have been swirling through my mind these last few months.


Just look at all those hungry mouths we have to feed. 
Take a look at all the suffering we breed. 
So many lonely faces scattered all around,
Searching for what they need.

Is this the world we created? 
We made it on our own. 
Is this the world we invaded, 
Against the law? 
So it seems in the end. 
Is this what we're all living for today? 
The world that we created.

You know that everyday a helpless child is born, 
Who needs some loving care inside a happy home. 
Somewhere a wealthy man is sitting on his throne 
Waiting for life to go by. 

Is this the world we created? 
We made it on our own. 
Is this the world we devastated, 
Right to the bone? 
If there is a God up in the sky 
Looking down, what must He think of what we've done 

To the world that He created? 

Is This the World We Created?
~Brian May & Freddie Mercury

Feeling...tired, but I'm always tired. Reflective. I've been reflective a lot this last year and that hasn't changed. I haven't written much and I do so much better emotionally when I can write. 

Planning...this next week. The Artist graduated from high school in May. He was going to go to school this fall, but has decided to push it out until Spring, so we need to get some paperwork and tasks done to finalize those plans.

I'm looking ahead to next week's patient schedule and what needs to be done, prepped, and so forth. This last year has not made me love healthcare more. 

Gratitude...for caffeine this morning, for patients who make me laugh, for air conditioners in the summertime

From my world... 




Did I ever share that we brought a puppy into our family last year? We did. She is a beautiful silver lab named Cocoa. She is a challenging joy. I am not a dog person. I never have been. I grew up terrified of dogs, but this little girl completes our family. I have come to understand love so much more because of our Little Miss. To be greeted each day, by something that loves you so much is incredible. She exudes joy and love. We call her "wiggle butt" because she can hardly walk at times from her tail wagging so hard with excitement. So, while I have not become a "dog person", I am a "Cocoa dog person". 

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I love the sound of the ocean and imagine that's relaxing to your patients. Cocoa is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment