Weekend Reflection 9/28

Looking outside...it's cooling off and I love it! Our high today is 56 and it's cloudy. Definitely fall. 

Listening...to relative peace and quiet. 

Loving...the weather and seasonal changes. Fall is my favorite. 

Thinking...it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.


In my kitchen...it might be a soup or chili day.

Wearing...denim skirt, pink tank, black sweater, no shoes. 

Hoping... for some rest and relaxation. 

Reading... don't faint from shock, but I started, How to Find Love in a Bookshop this week. Loving it so far.

It was so noisy at our house this week because of the roof, that on Wednesday, I arrived at Panera 30 minutes early, so I could read in my car before I met my sisters for lunch. 

Today...we have a quieter, not so busy day. It's nice.

Quoting...

Passion.
It lies in all of us.
Sleeping, waiting.
And though unwanted, unbidden,
it will stir, open its jaws and howl.

It speaks to us...guides us.
Passion rules us all; and we obey.
What other choice do we have?

Passion is the source of our finest moments.
The joy of love;
The clarity of hatred;
And the ecstasy of grief.

It hurts sometimes more than we can bear.
If we could live without passion,
maybe we'd know some kind of peace...
but we would be hollow.
Empty rooms.
Shuddered and dank.
Without passion, we'd be truly dead.

Angel. 
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
S2:E17

Feeling...grateful for great patients. I talked books with a couple of them yesterday and it was delightful. 

Planning...this next week and looking ahead to our upcoming anniversary weekend.

Gratitude...for a new roof. We had to have ours replaced this week. It's a relief to have it completed. 

From my world... 



The Boy finally completed his sorting. And our family sorted into each Hogwarts House.

The Doctor is Slytherin; I am Hufflepuff; The Boy is Gryffindor; and The Artist is Ravenclaw. All very accurate to us. Shiny!

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments