The Word Collector...#BookReview

About the book:
Some people collect stamps. Some people collect coins. Some people collect art. And Jerome? Jerome collected words . . . 

In this extraordinary new tale from Peter H. Reynolds, Jerome discovers the magic of the words all around him—short and sweet words, two-syllable treats, and multisyllable words that sound like little songs. Words that connect, transform, and empower. 

From the creator of The Dot and Happy Dreamer comes a celebration of finding your own words—and the impact you can have when you share them with the world. 

A couple of years ago I saw a video where Michelle and Barack Obama read a story for a library family day. I fell in love with that story and had to purchase it. I realize I never shared it here. 


I love words. I love reading them. I enjoy writing them. And, in this story, Jerome collects words.  

Jerome finds his words and shares them. He makes scrapbooks to keep them. He arranges them and sees how they work together to form sentences. He learns how words help and how they hurt.


Language makes civilization possible. Language allows us to communicate and share thoughts and ideas and feelings. The words that make up our languages can hurt and heal; incite and inspire. The right words at the right time in the right place can create magic. Words will make people weep and cheer, often at the same time. 
 

The most important thing to remember about words is that they are incredibly powerful. 


Over the past few years we have seen many words being shared; we have seen them inspire some and incite others. We have seen them unite and divide. The next year looks to be much the same.

How are you using your words?

This is an absolutely delightful story with such a good message. I have gifted this book and will continue to do so.

*****
5/5 Stars

 

Comments

  1. I am seeing you after a long time. My blogger account has been giving me so much trouble that I wonder whether I have missed your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always reading! I haven't been reading or posting very much, so you haven't missed much! I am back to reading though, so we'll see.

      Delete

Post a Comment