Weekend Reflection 3/25

Looking outside...it's overcast and cloudy, but I can see blue sky. Spring in Idaho is always a tetchy thing. It always takes a long time to decide it actually wants to stick around. 

Listening...to Without You by Mötley Crüe. It's in my playlist. Despite being Gen X, I don't love heavy metal as a whole, but there are some individual songs that I really like.

Loving...that our weekend isn't planned and we have no obligations. After peopling all week, it's become important to me to find peace where I can.

Thinking...that I haven't done a Weekend Reflection in about 3 1/2 years. Probably because the last three years have left me weary and exhausted. It's time to get back into writing. I've done some updating on the blog and restarted some recurring posts. 


In my kitchen...grilling steak and chicken. Last night we did take-out and I have leftover salmon for breakfast this morning. So yummy.

Curbside pick-up is one of good things that came out of a pandemic. I hope it never goes away. No crowds, no people, less noise.

Wearing...red/black pajamas and black sweater with slippers. It's Saturday. Don't judge me! 

Hoping...for some reading time.

Reading...The Authenticity Project by Claire Pooley. Book number 6 for this year! 

I read no books in 2021. I tried. I tried so hard to read. But the last three years have been stressful, 2021 in particular. Working in healthcare during a pandemic has been exhausting. 

I read 4 books in 2022. Including Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. So, so good. Read it. It's awesome.

This year though, I decided to do the Goodreads Challenge. I chose 24 books, because that is two per month. I've read 5, so I'm on track. It's been good to get back into it.

Not reading has not stopped me from purchasing books, though. And, with few exceptions, all books purchased in our home the last two years are from indie bookstores. Yay me!

Today...is a new day. I like new days.

Quoting... 


Source: Tiny Buddha


Feeling...weary. We still mask in our office because it's a medical facility and while most of our patients are respectful, some aren't. But it has protected us and our patients for three years. 

But this world right now? We have too much war, illness, drama, politics, anger, and dissention in our world right now.

Our personal spheres of influence are the most important. We left our high-demand religion about 4 years ago as a family. Although it's been one of the hardest transitions I've ever made, I have seen my heart become softer and I find myself much more accepting and less judgmental. 

And these last two years especially, I have come to realize that I can't influence the world. I can't change things politically, globally or on any big scale. But, I can affect my sphere of influence. My little bubble. And my mantra has become, "Be kind. Love is a verb." If you've read anything I've written here, you know. I want every patient who walks into our office to know they matter. I want my boys' friends who come into our home to know they matter. And I want to believe in ripples. That what one does, affects another. I think the world needs more kindness.

So, I am tired of rhetoric and cruelty that hides behind keyboards. 

Planning...this next week. We had off Thursday and Friday because The Doctor had jury duty. So it is a nice long weekend for me.

Gratitude...for kind people. For take-out. For sunshine.

From my world...I started doing puzzles in 2020. I have a puzzle table and sorting trays. I like to sit and do puzzles to calm and distract me. I share some of my puzzles here on the blog as well as on Instagram.

This one is by Cobble Hill. 

Puppies make me happy.




What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?


Comments