Weekend Reflection...4/15

Looking outside...it's sunny! Last Sunday, we hit 81. Wednesday our high was 50, with rain. On Thursday morning, we awoke to snow. It's crazy Idaho weather. 

Listening...to A Man Without Love by Engelbert Humperdink. I like oldies. It came up next in line on my playlist. So catchy.

Loving...that I can order groceries online and have them delivered if I don't want to pick them up.

Thinking...about growth and the processing of one's life experiences. Sometimes those moments of enlightenment and learning come at inopportune times, but it's important that they come.

In my kitchen... I think we might grill. I have local caught rainbow trout in the freezer. That sounds really good, along with some steak and chicken.

Wearing...black snowflake pajama pants, black sweater, slippers. It's my Saturday morning uniform.

Hoping...for some puzzle and reading time.

Reading...Started Madly, Deeply: The Diaries of Alan Rickman this week. My review of The Authenticity Project went up this past Monday.

Tonight...is movie night. Last week we started, Set it Up, which was billed as a fun, romantic, feel good comedy. And we like Glen Powell (Hidden Figures, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society), so we thought, sure. 

Yeah, no. We lasted about 10 minutes and decided that we're probably too old for it. The fast-paced, stupid-type humor is just not for me. 

So instead, The Doctor had never seen Scent of a Woman all the way through. Can you believe it? 

Such a classic and honestly, it holds up. Even 30 years later. It's my favorite Al Pacino role and Chris O'Donnell is adorable. It was so good to watch again.

Tonight? I'm not sure what we're watching. I'll let you know next week!

Quoting... 

Feeling...it feels like we're living some strange, twisted parody. 

What with states banning books, abortion and everything else; defunding libraries, expelling Black--not White--members from the House and gutting marriage, it's almost surreal.

Seriously, Cher did not have this in mind when she said, "If I could turn back time."

Planning...making a master list of things that need to be done around the house. You know, service the lawn mower, fix the sprinklers, deep clean parts of the house. Not necessarily fun, but absolutely necessary to do.

Gratitude...for sunshine and spring.

From my world... 


Lilac buds. Spring is coming.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?


Comments