Weekend Reflections...4/29

Looking outside...it's sunny. It feels like Spring has finally arrived. I'm going to enjoy it and hope it stays, rather than jump into stupid hot weather right away.

Listening...to Calypso by John Denver.

Today...working on the sprinklers in the yard. The irrigation water is on now.

Thinking...about my part in this big, beautiful Book of Life. I wrote about Walt Whitman yesterday. You should take a look at your own life. What will your verse say?

In my kitchen...light breakfast: egg, bacon and toast with cold brew. Tonight we're doing take-out.

Wearing...black and grey sundress with a grey sweater.

Hoping...for reading and puzzle time.

Reading...Still reading Madly, Deeply: The Diaries of Alan Rickman. I didn't take a lot of time this week to read. But. it's compelling. Fascinating.

Tonight...is movie night. Last week we watched Ghosted. Oh my goodness. Absolutely hysterical. So fun. And there are cameos. Awesome, unexpectedly hilarious cameos. 

Absolutely worth the watch. It doesn't take itself seriously and is just a delightfully fun film. 

Quoting...
O me! O life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle ever renew’d,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer. 
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.


--Walt Whitman (1855, 1881)
Feeling...that I am weary. Tired.

Planning...this next week.

Gratitude...for the bees. They are back in my trees and happily buzzing away.

From my world... 

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?


Comments

Post a Comment