Musing Monday

This week's Musing Monday asks:

Do you keep track of what and/or how many books you read? How long have you been doing this? What's your favorite tracking method, and why? If you don't keep track, why not?

I've been keeping track of what I've read since about the time I started this blog, which would be October of 2007. I wanted a place to review the books I'd read and so I started this blog. About the same time, I was introduced to Goodreads and loved it.

I love having a place to keep track of the books I want to read as well, and Goodreads is perfect for that. I love using Goodreads along with my local library. I look at the Goodreads list and then go to the library's online site and request whatever books I want or what they have available. When the books are ready, I walk in and pick them up and walk out. It's awesome. I'm a member of Shelfari, but I found that after I'd found Goodreads and I didn't want to transfer everything over or use more than one application, so I've stayed with Goodreads. It has what I need (except the ability to give 1/2 stars in your reviews).

I love having the blog to review books as well, because I've met a lot of great readers and found so many book recommendations that I never would have found otherwise.

Check out more Musing Monday's here.

Comments

  1. I use Library Thing and Good Reads and I keep a reading list on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the half stars. It's such a little thing, but I'd love to have them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment