Doctor Who: Autonomy...Review

About the book:
Hyperville is 2013's top hi-tech 24-hour entertainment complexa sprawling palace of fun under one massive roof. You can shop, or experience the excitement of Doomcastle, Winterland, or Wild West World. But things are about to get a lot more exciting—and dangerous...

What unspeakable horror is lurking on Level Zero of Hyperville? And what will happen when the entire complex goes over to Central Computer Control?


For years, the Nestene Consciousness has been waiting and planning, recovering from its wounds. But now it's ready, and its deadly plastic Autons are already in place around the complex. Now more than ever, visiting Hyperville will be an unforgettable experience...


Daniel Blythe completely captures the essence of David Tennant's 10th doctor.  In the not so far away future, the Doctor encounters the Nestene Consciousness again as it attempts to take over the earth.  We see the Autons in a different light as they have evolved in ways the Doctor never imagined.

As he attempts to stop the Nestene Consciousness, the Doctor encounters an odd assortment of allies.  Kate would've made an awesome companion and Chantelle was refreshing as the bright, intelligent teenager who figures out how to stop the Autons.

Simply put, this is a run romp with the Doctor.   I think any Doctor Who fan would enjoy it. It's a fast, easy read.  I finished most of it sitting by the pool while my kids played.

Thanks to my local bookstore for having a copy I could purchase for the boy.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 6/10

* * * *
4/5 Stars


Comments

  1. I know these books are very popular, but I don't think they're for me. My son probably would have enjoyed them when he was younger, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment