Conversation at our House...Reading

This occurred several years ago, but is still one of my favorite memories. With the discovery of online chess and binge watching Netflix, The Boy still reads, but not quite as voraciously as he did when he was younger. Most of what he reads these days are Psychology books, because Psychology is his chosen field of study when he enters college this fall.

(At night, way past bedtime. The Boy comes downstairs.)

Mom: "What's up? You're supposed to be asleep."
The Boy: "I know, but I finished my book!" (Waving it in the air.)
Mom: "Was it good?"
The Boy: "It was so good. I'm kind of sad that it's finished though."
Mom: "A good book is sometimes like that. You don't want it to end."
The Boy: "I know. I didn't want it to end. I wish there was a book that you could read that went on forever. That would be so cool."

Comments

Post a Comment