Weekend Reflections 3/4

Looking outside...it's raining, but not snowing. Temp is hovering around 43, so it's quite nice.

Listening...to the country music station playing in The Doctor's office. He normally changes it when he's here all day, but we just came in to see a couple of patients, so he just left it. They're playing classic older country and I'm trying desperately not to sing along. I don't love all the newer country. So many of these new young singers just sound all the same to me. There are so few standouts now. And you just don't hear enough Alabama or George Strait on the radio these days. 

Loving...that I can spend the day with The Doctor and be a part of this practice. It's so great to do this together.

Thinking...that my brain has too many tabs open as usual.

In my kitchen...Hot chocolate in my travel mug at the moment. Not sure about dinner.

Wearing...denim skirt, tan turtleneck, dark green sweater.

Hoping...that we might see some sun. I don't mind the rain, but sunshine is very welcome.

Reading...still working on The Hidden Thread by Liz Trenow.

Today...finish up with patients and then I'm not sure what The Doctor and I have planned. The Artist is spending the day with a friend, having a Godzilla marathon today. The Boy is home, happy to have Saturday off.

Quoting...“I need to ask myself, 'What would an Apollo astronaut do?' He'd drink three whiskey sours, drive his Corvette to the launchpad, then fly to the moon in a command module smaller than my Rover. Man those guys were cool.” ―  Mark Watney  The Martian by Andy Weir

Feeling...tired. Went to bed with a pretty solid headache, but it was gone this morning, which was nice.

Planning...thinking about what to do over Spring Break.


Gratitude...for extended family. My cousin and her children were here this week because it's high school basketball championship time. Loved spending time with her, even if we stayed up 'til 3:00 am talking! So good to visit.


From my world... 




True story.



What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments