5 Books I want to Read

I keep a wish list on Goodreads called "want to read". Currently, it's up to 2374. Yeah. I also have several stacks of books tucked against walls throughout my house. Each is probably at least a 3 foot high stack of books I haven't read yet. My reading and reviewing dropped off significantly last year due to some health issues. No idea yet on what this new year will bring. But, my wish list is not slowing down. Nor are the books that keep appearing on my Kindle. They're all still on my wish list, I just haven't gotten to them yet.

My friend Stephanie over at Layered Pages had the great idea for a wish list post and I thought it sounded like a terrific thing to do.

It was interesting to go back through my list and wonder why I had added a particular book. I think I may go through it and do a clean-up as many of them don't appeal to me at this point in my life. But, I went ahead and chose 5 books on my wish list to highlight as to why I want to read them.


Christmas Bells by Jennifer Chiaverini

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day is my favorite Christmas song. It's not widely sung. I have one, one Christmas CD with that song on it. It is in our church hymn book and at the beginning of December, I eagerly wait each Sunday to see if the song is part of the service. 2014, we sang it on my birthday which was on a Sunday that year. 2015? Nothing. I know the music director and I think I'm going to talk to him this Christmas and request that we sing it!  At any rate, this book is about the story of how Henry Wadsworth Longfellow came to write the song. I have this book in my TBR stack and even though Christmas is past, I want to read it.

The Painter's Daughter by Julie Klassen

Um? Because it's Julie Klassen! I have loved pretty much everything I've read by her. This one came up on my radar and I missed getting a print copy, but I have it on my Kindle and yes, I will get to it eventually as well!


Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I have seen this book for several years now. I have friends who have read it and loved it. I even checked it out of the library a couple of months ago, but didn't get it read before it had to be returned. I'm not normally a teen/YA reader, but this one has consistently captured my attention and I want to get to it at some point.

The Mistress of Tall Acre by Laura Frantz

It's Laura Frantz people! Of course I want to read everything she writes! Her Courting Morrow Little is pretty much in my top ten favorite list OF ALL TIME. I have this in my TBR stack and I just need to get to it.


Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

For someone with a BA in English, I have discovered that my "classics read" list is woefully lacking. I have also learned that some classics just don't hold up with time while others do. Robinson Crusoe has been on my list for awhile and I think it will be a library book at some point.

What about you? What books are on your "want to read/wish" list?

If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their wish lists look like, you can do that here: It's a Mad Mad World, Layered Pages, The Maiden's Court, Flashlight Commentary and A Literary Vacation.

Comments

  1. That pile is real is it??? Good luck with the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my book stacks are getting out of hand as well. I hope you get to these books soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment