wild embers: poems of rebellion, fire, and beauty...#BookReview

About the book:
Discover a powerful and relatable poetry collection of love, loss, and healing -- perfect for fans of Rupi Kaur and Amanda Lovelace. 

In this magical poetry collection, Nikita Gill unflinchingly explores the fire in every woman and the emotions that lie deep in one's soul. Featuring rewritten fairytale heroines, goddess wisdom, and verse that burns with magnificent beauty, this raw and powerful collection is an explosion of femininity, empowerment, and personal growth. In these words, readers will find the magnificent energy to spark resistance and revolution.

I have followed Nikita Gill on social media ever since she somehow crossed my feed and have found comfort and inspiration in many of her words. 

This is a small collection of her poetry and prose. It covers a range of topics, but centers on life, empowerment, and trauma recovery. She has rewritten fairytales where the princesses need no saving from others. 


Not everything resonated, but as with most artists, not everything ever does. And in situations like that, I skip over what doesn't relate to me and find those that do. Often on a different reading, something that didn't capture my attention before does this time.

It all depends on where you are at any given point in your life.

The ones that did, though? Beautiful. My copy is already marked and I've read it more than once. 


One of my favorites? Her opening poem, Miracle. And Dark Days.  And others.

Poetry isn't for everyone and free verse poetry doesn't always resonate. But this is a lovely little book and one that I have found much joy in reading.

Read 5/23

* * * *
4/5 Stars

Comments