Weekend Reflections 2/3

Looking outside...it's overcast, but about 48. We may hit 60 today as our high. It's the beginning of February. We haven't had snow since Christmas and not a lot of rain. Weird weather. My sister in North Carolina and friends in Texas have had colder weather and more snow that we have had in Idaho.

Listening...to the dishwasher running. The boys are still asleep. The Doctor is working on fixing the washing machine.

Loving...time with family. It is precious. 

Thinking...I finally saw The Greatest Showman. Last weekend with my cousin and this week with The Artist. Yesterday for one of my Пятница Ponderings, I wrote about my experience seeing the film with The Artist. I appreciated the message that every person has value. I adored the music. I can't get enough of the soundtrack. I want to see it again.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru. Not sure what we're doing for dinner tonight.

Wearing...black long-sleeved t-shirt, fuzzy yellow minion jammies and pink fuzzy socks.

Reading...I should just take this category off the reflections post. But, this week I had a review for The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard. I read it last year, but the book is actually being published this coming week. Run, don't walk and grab a copy to read.

Today...some writing, some working, some planning. The laundry, however, is finished.

Quoting...

"However big, however small
Let me be part of it all, 
Share your dreams with me 
You may be right, you may be wrong 
But say that you'll bring me along 
To the world you see 
To the world I close my eyes to see.
Every night I lie in bed 
The brightest colors fill my head 
A million dreams are keeping me awake 
A million dreams, a million dreams 
I think of what the world could be 
A vision of the one I see 
A million dreams is all it's gonna take 
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

-- A Million Dreams, The Greatest Showman

Feeling...tired, but I'm always tired. Reflective. I've been reflective a lot this week. 

No insurance rants today. I actually had a call with a Blue Cross representative that was coherent and he was able to give me answers that were helpful and productive. That was a blessing this week. For us and the patient. UHC, on the other hand, still holds the award for "Least Effective Insurance Company".

Planning...this next week. Tomorrow we are having dinner at The Dower House (Grandma's) to watch the Superbowl. I only watch it for the commercials.

The Artist is in the school play and has rehearsals every day after school. We really need a third car to manage schedules. Yesterday, he texted to say he was done. I gathered my purse and keys and walked into the garage, only to discover that it was empty. Somehow we'd all missed the memo that I was going to need a car to pick him up from school. The Boy had taken one car to work and The Doctor took the other one. 

Fortunately my sister saved the day and picked up the Artist and brought him home.

Gratitude...for my husband. For his love, his insight and his acceptance. 

From my world... 



I met my cousin in Twin Falls last weekend and we just had a girls only overnight. So fun to catch up and just relax. The falls were gorgeous. There is not usually this much water at this time of year, but it was beautiful. It was also deserted and cold with snow flurries. The water roaring over the falls was loud and if you closed your eyes, it was almost like being at the ocean. I could have stood there all day.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I read a review on Atomic City Girls and it was very positive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment